What is happiness??
According to Wikipedia, Happiness is a mental or emotional state of Well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.
Everybody will have different interpretations of the above definition. For me happiness is that state of calm when I want nothing more from life.
I recently read an article on stress management that said to avoid stress taking a toll on you, you should find sometime every week for yourself and do things that make you happy. Now even though thankfully I’m far from being stressed out due to my utter lack of interest in anything remotely serious 😛 ,the article inspired me to list down all the things that make me happy. So here is my list of top 10 things that bring me ultimate happiness!
1. My camera: Oh! the joy that I feel every time I pick up my beloved camera. Pure unadulterated contentment rushes through my veins when this baby is in my hands. Whenever I am pissed out I pick my camera and forget the world. Thrown in a good location and nice weather and I achieve nirvana!
2. Balloons: Yes, you heard right. Balloons. I know it makes no sense for a girl my age to be excited about something as kiddish as balloons but I jump and squeal like a six year old every time I see balloons, much to the embarrassment of anybody who is with me at that time. 😉
3. Chocolate: A new study shows that eating dark chocolate may lower levels of stress hormones in people feeling stressed out.Researchers found that eating the equivalent of one average-sized dark chocolate candy bar each day for two weeks reduced levels of the stress hormone cortisol as well as the “fight-or-flight” hormones known as catecholamines in highly stressed people.
Need I say more??? 🙂
4. Extra Sleep In The Morning: I’m sure everybody would agree with me on this one. Who does not like that 5 minute extra sleep after you throw away your alarm clock( I don’t know about others but I literally throw away the poor alarm clock). And when you realise that those 5 minutes can be extended to an hour, the joy is indescribable.
5. Going out with friends: I have been blessed with some really good friends. Yes there are a couple of jerks as well but then you need them to add a dash of excitement in life. Having lunch with my besties, while we all crib and complaint of everything that’s going wrong in life is the best possible way for me to be happy.
6. Talking to myself: I know that certifies me as crazy but then there are times when nobody can understand how you feel. In such times I happily talk to myself much to the amazement and horror of people around me.
7. Subway(The Sandwich Place) : A simple Veggie Delight sandwich with extra chilli and mayonnaise spells happiness for me.
8. Shopping: Though I’m a big big miser and usually don’t spend money without calculating and comparing every possible store and item, there are times when retail therapy is the only thing that can keep me sane. So I call up my cousin (Who btw has an awesome sense of style and thus is my stylist) and we go around mall-hopping.
9. Sitcoms: ‘Friends’, “The Big Bang Theory”, “Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai” are some of the sitcoms that can light up any dull day.
10. Music: Earphones in. Favourite song. Volume up. Forget the world