I’m a daylight insomniac. That is because I have the sleep cycle of an owl. I’m wide awake with all my senses on alert at night and I laze around all day at work trying to stifle down my yawns because then everybody complains that looking at me makes them feel sleepy!!
So all the night I keeping trying to get some sleep but instead as the night gets darker, my sleep starts vanishing, and I end up being an insomniac at 2 in the morning. There have been tons of things that I tried to get myself to sleep at an appropriate hour but all of them were a massive failure.
I’v tried having warm milk before I go to bed. Avoided all kinds of caffeine, worked myself to death so that I drop dead tired on my bed, I even tried reading our constitution but none of them worked.
So every night I end up being wide awake which results in my being totally sloshed at work.
People usually ask me what do I do when I am up at night. And while I try and answer this question to the best of my abilities, they start suggesting me things that I can do. Like some say I should get all my pending work done, or iron my clothes or think what I want to wear to work tomorrow and save time in the morning. I always nod and give a thoughtful expression to them so that they stop bugging me. I try and do all that people suggest me but actually here’s what I end up doing :
1. Look around my room and think I really need to clean it.
2. Then think ‘What the hell, I’l do it some other night’.
3. Take out my I-pad and randomly watch videos on you tube.(Wedding videos are my current obsession)
4. After an hour of watching videos gets bored and start watching random episodes of Friends, HIMYM, Big Bang theory, or at times even Mahabharat.
5. Take out my camera and think ‘I’l click some pictures of the calm night’ only to realise that there are bats flying outside which scare the shit outta me. (There is a family of bats in the garden that my house faces.)
6. Open the fridge to find something to eat. Stand there for like 15 minutes and then walk back to the cupboard where all the biscuits and cookies are kept and stuff my face with them.
7. After finishing 8 packs of cookies realise that you were supposed to be on a no sugar diet and in that guilt eat another pack of chocolate chip cookies.
8.Lie down thinking that is the only way to sleep, only to end up staring at the fan for like an hour.
9. Wondering whether I should call one of my bestie and ask her to help me get some sleep.
10. Open Facebook and stalk all my high school friends profiles.
11. Look at the clock and realise it’s 6 in the morning so I should actually get some sleep now. Fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow and wake up at 10 only to realise that I’m late for work. Again.