I have always been a a tomboy. I don’t remember when was the last time when I tried to synchronise my hair and clothes. So that means I’m always in a messy state with my hair tied up in a tight braid so that they stay away from my face and my clothes always picked up from the boys section, because lets admit it, boy’s clothing are designed for comfort!
Even when I’m in office, I dress up like really casually without bothering to even use a lip balm!
But now for the past few days, all my friends have started suggesting me that I need to get into the girly mode because if I ever want to get into the dating scene, being girly would help me go a long way. I argued that if a guy does not like me the way I am then he is definitely not the kind of person I would ever want to be with. But I do agree with them that I need to refine myself and be a little more sophisticated.
So now I’m facing the dilemma of how to get into the breezy mode after being in the hurricane mode all my life.
So this weekend I sat down to jot down a list of stuff that I need to do to get myself into this classy and sophisticated mode.
Here’s all that I could think of to get a little more polished-
1. Learn how to walk without tripping or banging into stuff. In short stop walking like a hurricane just entered the premises.
2. Start taking care of my skin. Now I have no idea how to do that. I have a super sensitive skin that reacts even to the mildest of moisturisers. I even wash my face with sandalwood paste and rose water because I can’t use any face wash. Therefore I can’t use any sun block and I always end up with a really tanned skin. 😦
3. Try a different hairstyle- I need to get rid of the boring braids and do something new with my hair. I’v searched every possible hairstyle that Google could offer me and have realised it is too much of work!! All I can do is shampoo and condition them and hope that they behave.
4. Get some girly clothes- Though I’m never going to get rid of my hoodies and sweatshirts, I will try and get some feminine looking clothes from the women’s section. (I nearly always buy clothes from the men’s section. The small size fits me and they are super duper comfortable! Alas! I won’t be doing that much any more)
5.I could say that I should use some make up but my sensitive skin just does not agree with it.
6. Use a nice signature scent. I usually end up using deodorants meant for men. 😛 . In my defence, I like strong smells. But I guess I’l go and get a ‘femininely strong scent’.
7. Accessories- I guess I’l have to replace my Ray Ban aviators and converse sneakers with….ummm….Ray Ban aviators(I will never part with them) and ballerina’s??
8. Try and talk softly. I am a true blue Punjabi, and Punjabi’s are loud! I can try and tone down the volume a little but that’s about it. I can never let go of the ‘Punjaban’ in me.
9. Try and keep calm and don’t loose your temper- I have a very short temper. And when I lose it, all hell breaks lose. I guess I need to get that under control and be more composed.
10. Last and not the least, I could just ditch the above list and remain as I am.
Ok. No.*Take a deep breath* I have to get a little polished. Maybe I’l just go with the hair and clothes thing. And maybe the temper also. Oh forget it, I’l try and do the entire list and see what becomes of me!